09 Nov REMPLAN Data Update – June 2017 Unemployment Rate
At the Local Government Area (LGA) level, the Department of Employment has noted a number of labour market developments:
- Unemployment has decreased in the majority of LGAs, with 60.1 per cent having recorded a fall in their unemployment rate over the year to the June quarter 2017, up from 46.9 per cent over the year to the June quarter 2016.
- A number of LGAs recorded a rise in their unemployment rate.
- In the June quarter 2017, 44.5 per cent of LGAs recorded an unemployment rate of less than 5.0 per cent, compared with 38.4 per cent in the June quarter 2016
- In the June quarter 2017, 7.7 per cent of LGAs recorded an unemployment rate of 10.0 per cent or above, down from 11.1 per cent in the June quarter 2016.
- Significant differences exist at the State level, with 53.8 per cent of LGAs in Victoria recording an unemployment rate below 5.0 per cent, compared with just 19.5 per cent in Queensland.
Click on the image below to see how unemployment is trending in Central Maitland:
To explore other areas please visit: http://www.economyprofile.com.au/
Let’s Talk: 1300 737 443.